Job-a-palooza Business Page
Help students discover their superpowers at Job-a-Palooza!
Wednesday December 11th 2019
Palatka High School, 302 Melon Road, Palatka FL 32177
Join with other local businesses for a one-day event to showcase the abilities of youth with intellectual and developmental differences!
Participants will rotate through your workstation, competing with others to complete your job task.
Celebrity judges and special guests will cheer on participants and give out awards. Superhero costumes encouraged!
Each company will set up a workstation, highlighting a job task that a potential employee would need to complete. Students, ages 14-21, will practice the task and then compete against others.
- Food industry: Roll silverware, clean and sort menus, run food, bus tables
- Office environment: Shred paper; assemble large mailing or packets, set up room for a meeting, etc.
- Grocery Store: Sorting cans, shelving, bagging groceries
Youth will rotate through workstations, judged on how quickly and thoroughly they can complete your task.
Each company can expect to have approximately 20 individuals visit their station.
WHY! Benefits and Recognition
- Inclusion in media alerts and press releases, listed as a partner in The Arc Putnam mentioned on social media before/during/after event.
- Align with your corporate social responsibility goals
- Provide a fun-filled day for employee teambuilding!
- Recognition in the community as a leader for individuals with intellectual and developmental differences.
What to Bring
- Employees for the workstation and tasks
- All necessary materials for your job tasks for approximately 20 individuals to complete
- Tables/ chairs
- Electricity/ outlets
email@example.com or 386-325-2249 ext. 111